Poland a promising market for Schwarzmüller semi-trailers

2021/12/21 at 10:02 AM

Schwarzmüller, the Austrian leading manufacturer of semi-trailers, has increased the number of its products sold to the Polish hauliers. Its key customers in the country are small and medium-sized companies. In the coming years, Schwarzmüller is planning to strengthen its presence in Poland.

Schwarzmüller Power Line semi-trailer, source: Schwarzmüller

A year ago, Schwarzmüller set a goal to deliver more than 1,100 trailers to Poland in 2021. The results of the expiring year have exceeded expectations. Over 1,600 vehicles will be supplied to the Polish companies. It is almost three times as many as in 2019. Around 80 per cent of the sold trailers are the vehicles of the Power Line series, which is dedicated to long-distance road freight operations. The remaining 20 per cent are vehicles for construction works. “The efforts in this market have paid off. We can implement our business model very dynamically with high-quality niche products since the economic framework conditions are consistently positive here,” said Roland Hartwig, CEO of Schwarzmüller.

Market share

Schwarzmüller entered the Polish market in the 1990s. Now, the Austrian manufacturer has a market share of around 3.5 per cent. “Our primary target group is small and medium-sized companies,” added Roland Hartwig. According to him, the Freinberg-based company intends to pay more attention to Poland, which is the second-largest European market for trailers. “In Germany, we have grown from 1.5 to almost 10 per cent in five years. At the moment, I don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t be able to do this in Poland,” Schwarzmüller’s CEO unveiled the ambitions of his company.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.